Hold up there!
Before we can talk about how and where we must talk about security!
Always remember–This is not centralized banking and your funds are not secured by any Alphabet Group or Company
- Write down (on paper) any important key phrases, key words, security codes
- Always use 2F authentication- if Possible
- Purchase an Offline Hardware Wallet and keep all your private keys offline
- Keep your computer hacker, spam, ransom-ware up to date.
- Your Smartphone is far more secure than your computer
- If You OWN your KEYS…You OWN your Cryptocurrency
- If you keep your Bitcoin on an exchange then you DON’T own your Bitcoin or Keys
Most of this will make more sense once you begin.
How to Get Bitcoin
You can not go to the bank and ask them for Bitcoin (at least not at this writing–hang on, it’s coming)
- You go to an Exchange and purchase Bitcoin with your Fiat Money (USD). This can be an easy process or a lengthy drawn out one which is determined by the amount of Bitcoin you wish to purchase.
Remember, The reason for Cryptocurrency is anonymity. The More information you give to an exchange the less anonymous it is.
- I recommend Coinbase . Coinbase is simple and easy to use. They will even reward you for your first deposit of $100 with an extra $10 in Bitcoin!
- You can get Bitcoin from someone who already owns Bitcoin
- You can purchase it from Bitcoin ATM’s
- You can earn Bitcoin by charging for your services in Bitcoin
I will go into other Exchanges at a later date as I know you are chomping at the bit (no pun intended) to get started.
As one Crypto Friend puts it–Let’s Get Rich Together!